View Single Post
Old 05-02-2004, 01:32 AM   #31
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) if by bringing good rock with a positive message is degrading God then yes he degraded to the high order. if you are referring to the blaspheming in What's This Life For I don't really like that but there is far worse in the music world and that includes so called "pseudo-christian" rock bands. again with the vedder singing style, will you please stop saying that?

If Stapp is going to promote this "positive message" stuff, that's fine, but you have to walk the walk. Stapp didn't. And I think he betrayed Creed fans big time when Chicago happened along with the array of subsequent lies/excuses. I can forgive the guy, but that doesn't mean I have to respect him.

I'm a Christian, and I never considered Creed to be a "Christian band." They are/were a secular band that just happened to have decent (i.e. nonvulgar) lyrics. However, I don't think any of the members of Creed (especially Scott Stapp) desire to live a life based on the teachings of Christ.

Furthermore, I think his voice is totally shot. Back during MOP and much of HC he had a very good voice. During Weathered, it was just not there at all. And people are correct to say Stapp sounded like Vedder. However, their music sounds NOTHING like PJ...

Anyway, personally I'm glad Alter Bridge is essentially Creed minus Stapp. All those guys are really talented. My only hope is that they keep their lyrics clean so I can enjoy their music... and I also hope they don't go bland and commercial like Creed did after HC.
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed