Thread: Jeremiah
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 07:36 PM   #7
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Jeremiah

7:16
Therefore pray not thou for this people, neither lift up cry nor prayer for them, neither make intercession to me: for I will not hear thee.
When God decides to do something that is usually it. At times people may make intercession, as Abraham did or tried to for Sodom and Gomorrah due to his nephew lot being there. But when Gods says He will not hear, He will not hear. Now if the people themselves want to come around, then that's on them to do so. Forgiveness and grace can still be available, but it's on the people themselves to repent.
7:17
Seest thou not what they do in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem?
7:18
The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.

Do you know who the queen of heaven is as it's referred to here? It is Ishtar. Ever wonder where our word Easter comes from? Ishtar was a pagan fertility goddess and in the spring they had fertility festivals, including sexual orgies. Now we have taken the solemn event and the holy day of Passover and made it into bunnies and rolling easter eggs. Many times churches have easter egg hunts and they don't even know or remember that among other things Jesus was crucified probably more on a Wednesday than a Friday, because Friday to Sunday is not 3.5 days in the tomb. But the day isn't as important as honoring and remembering what Christ did at the time of the Passover, as He in fact became our Passover( 1 Cor 5:7). So when we honor Passover and celebrate it today we celebrate not an old Hebrew feast and custom, but Jesus Christ Himself. There's no need to mix pagan tradition or religion into the beauty of what Jesus Christ did for us.
7:19
Do they provoke me to anger? saith the LORD: do they not provoke themselves to the confusion of their own faces?

And so it is... they do it to themselves. They bring shame on themselves. Unfortunately, they do feel shame because there are many good Christians that are caught up in tradition. They're going to be calling for the mountains to fall on them as it states in Revelation because they will feel ashamed when they find out they worshipped a fake... that their religion and good old church tradition lead them right to Satan himself. It will be a very sad time for them.
7:20
Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, mine anger and my fury shall be poured out upon this place, upon man, and upon beast, and upon the trees of the field, and upon the fruit of the ground; and it shall burn, and shall not be quenched.

Much of this is still future because indeed when Satan as Antichrist sets up camp right in the temple of God claiming to be God, in Jerusalem, God certainly will pour out His anger upon His enemies. But you need to understand that His anger does not touch those He loves. When those 3 Hebrew children went into that firey furnace in Daniel Chapter 3, that was a type for you that you can be right there in the middle of everything and not have a hair on your head singed. But that pouring out will happen, and for those who offend it will not be pretty.