View Single Post
Old 01-08-2004, 10:51 AM   #28
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
To Joy you are a very brave person to share your experience with us so now let me be the next! I used to cut too. I was much younger though around 13 is when I started and it came form the same thing, a rape! I didn't know how to fully deal with the rape because when it happened I was only 12 years old(I was a virgin) and they were boys I knew from my neighborhood! I never did deal with it or tell me parents so in order to deal I cut. It helped dull the pain of everything else that was reeling around in my brain! I was also drinking all the time! I attempted suidcide when I was 15 but it was more a cry for help than anything even though I felt like I really did just want to die! I was hospitalized for several months and while I was there the rape came to light after 3 years! My mom of course wanted to get into all the legal aspects but I just wanted to move on. It was soon after that that I stopped because I was getting help and seeing a councilor on a regular basis! I learned how to deal with the pain of what had happened and as time went I on Steve showed me what it was all supposed to be about! I met him shortly after! It took alot of time but I've been ok and now have beecome a very strong person because of it!

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "

Last edited by SCOTTSMYMAN : 01-08-2004 at 10:53 AM.