View Single Post
Old 02-06-2004, 05:15 PM   #7
bgivens33
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I don't see anyway around pre-destination given the Christian doctrine. If we were created by God, he created us with certain proclivities in certain areas. I was born a caucasian male in Florida. I was raised with a certain set of values that help determine what I will believe. If I was born in India, I'm sure my set of beliefs and values due to my surroundings. Christianity(Armenian) basically says that we are a form of Artificial Intelligence created by God. Artificial Intelligence is a bogus idea really. If I write a random number generator, to everyone else on the world, it creates random numbers. But for me, the author of the program, I feasably could predict the next number in line. If in my personal life, Christianity just doesn't add up to me. I just can't bring myself to believe that Jesus died for my sins. Is that really my choice? Can you really make yourself believe something? And most importantly, if God knew that I wasn't going to accept him, isn't he basically giving me a one way ticket to hell?