View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 05:39 PM   #55
bigbird42
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: *The Official "Full Circle" Reviews Thread*

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) In my opinion, though, people give Kennedy way too much credit. I've seen plenty of live videos of him singing and struggling to hit notes. No man is perfect. On top of that, they're different types of singers. There are some songs on "Full Circle" that I just couldn't imagine Kennedy singing in. Likewise, there's no way Stapp could sing some Alter Bridge songs.

Aside from that, I think that "Full Circle" is lyrically reflective of the past seven years. Stapp's battling demons that alienated him from his Creed bandmates and family. I don't find his lyrics to be too "general." To me, they sound reflective and optimistic.

I think the previous poster was just pointing out that it is ridiculous to say that Kennedy can't hold a candle to Stapp. Regardless of who you favor, they are both talented vocalists. I personally really liked Stapp previous to the break-up. I saw Stapp on the Weathered tour, and he was fantastic. Plenty of range and great power in his voice. I had never heard of Kennedy before AB. I really enjoyed Kennedy's vocals, especially his range, as soon as I heard him. Both times that I saw AB live, he was phenomenal. I saw Creed in Chicago on 8/30 and thought that Stapp sounded good, not great. While I still think Stapp is a very good lead, I have to give an edge to Kennedy at this point in time. But all of that aside, they are both highly talented singers and I really enjoy listening to both.

In regards to the album, my friend just picked up a copy for me from Best Buy and I'm excited to give it a listen tonight.