View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 10:23 AM   #44
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) Anyone care to estimate what they think TGD will sell in total between now and this time next year, judging by the opening weeks figures and previous albums which have sold roughly the same.

I'd say it'll go Gold, particularly if the next single(perhaps Surround Me) gets good airplay. TGD hasn't taken off as a single, but I think SM has that ability to be a big hit.

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) And come on guys (especially Titan)... If you tell me this is what you were predicting all I have to do is go find your prediction and paste it. This is less than you thought and you know it.

Yes, I predicted sales of 200,000-400,000 in the first week. Looking back, I did so because I honestly assumed a few things: (1) That a good deal of Creed/Stapp fans remained (2) That TGD would get good airplay on the radio and (3) That the album would receive more publicity(from the media) than what it did. Obviously, I was wrong on all three accounts, which meant that my projection was off by at least 100,000.

Besides that, I assumed that radio stations would be open to playing TGD, which they obviously aren't because of the past. An example of this: yesterday, I did an online request for both TGD and AB's FTR, under different names at roughly the same time(I actually requested TGD first!). Guess which one got played? You guessed it, FTR. I'm going to do another experiment today, this time requesting My Own Prison and TGD. We'll see which one gets played. My bet is on MOP.

Still, considering how hated Creed became, considering the dumb stuff Stapp has done, 94,000 isn't too bad. It's not a huge number, but it's not a pitiful number either. Pitiful, to me, is under 50,000.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!

Last edited by titan9 : 12-06-2005 at 10:26 AM.