View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 11:34 AM   #5
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I think they should be in it, if for only the reason that all three of their albums were immensly successful and also for the reason that they had so many hit songs. Didn't the first CD feature like 4 number one rock hits? They were more successful than any of the other Rock bands(Nickelback, Staind, 3 Doors Down, Puddle of Mudd, Evanescence for example) that followed them. Even though there were a lot of critics, you can't deny Creed's success on otherwise Pop/R&B/Rap dominated Pop stations. I honestly believe that their success on Pop radio made it possible for those bands that I mentioned to have the success that they did. This stuff alone is a reason why Creed should be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

We haven't even talked about the musicians and why they're deserving of it. Tremonti, in my opinion, is one of the very best(if not the best) guitarists in Rock today. I don't know where I'd rank him among the overall greats, but I do know that Tremonti belongs near the top or at the top amongst the guys out there today. He's done some great stuff through-out his career, both in Creed and in Alter Bridge. Phillips is a pretty good drummer in his own right, and I think is always over-looked when people talk about the best drummers today in Rock. Marshall is a vastly underrated bassist. I also think he's among the best today at his instrument. And then there's Stapp....a guy who has incredible stage presence, has great charisma, has written some amazing lyrics and has a good voice to boot. Did I mention he can work the stage like few can in Rock today? I know, critics will dispute that Stapp is a good musician....but I truly believe that he is and I'm sure there's a lot of other people who agree with that.

Now, the question is, will Creed be in the Hall of Fame? I doubt it, which is a shame. Creed has been looked down upon by the critics and I think that hurts their chances of being in the Hall of Fame.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!