View Single Post
Old 01-10-2005, 05:56 AM   #13
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) Also, who says that we can't fix those problems in our country and this one at the same time? What exactly is Congress for? Who says we can't start private donations and help this people; peoples whose entires lives are destroyed, no homes, no food, no water, family members gone. We are privilaged in the U.S. we have those BASIC needs (for the most part). Those people have NOTHING.

I don't mean to sound condecesending or like i know it all, but in this instances i think we should just help and help somemore.

I don't feel at all as if you're being condescending, and I do understand the need to give. My point is, while we do have Congress and we do have the power to change the problems we've got in this country, no one is doing it. Congress just got back into session after a month off. A MONTH OFF. If I stopped working for a month I'd be in the welfare line looking for public assistance to get my kids milk and bread. If my mother took a month off work she would not have the medicine she needs to keep her healthy.

As I stated in my letter, I'm not an uncaring person, and I do feel that we all need to give and give more, but I also think that this government needs to not forget about the needs of its own people.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.