View Single Post
Old 03-24-2006, 05:09 PM   #16
J-Man
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Not to be rude but....

Quote: (Originally Posted by stappissohot) Not trying to insult anyone just viewing my opinions. The only reason I hear so much about Stapp is because of his negative publicity. I loved the Alter Bridge album, I'm just stating I haven't heard much about them, nothing about gigs or tours in a long time. As for Scott Stapp really, google him and you get a million (negative) hits. I say Myles is a great singer but Creed was way better and you can't have Creed without all the band members and if Creed decides to get back together (never going to happen) Myles could work with another band, Fuel, who are looking for a new lead singer. As for the American Idol dude, he said his place was with his wife who is sick and he says he doesn't want to tour with Fuel, I dunno I don't know the man I'm relaying what I've heard is all, I'm not the enemy hear I vow on both sides

C'mon woman, you know that you were insulting AB. Your opinion is your opinion, but don't try to wiggle your way out of what you really meant. It's true if you Google Stapp you will get a lot of negative reviews and clippings. On the other hand google AB and you won't get that. Myles is a phenominal singer and it's nice to see that you stated that on here, but did you not state the following elsewhere:

Unfortunately I am not one of the Alter Bridge fans and let me tell you why. I was a huge Creed fan, I had the shirts I had the albums, I was a big Creed fan. Now when the Alter Bridge album debut came out I was eager to hear the music. I was dissapointed to find that even though the band members where there it sounded like a stappless Creed. Myles Kennedy to me has no talent whatsoever he sounds like a cross between Three Doors Down and Keith Urban. Two very good bands when mixed together=Myles Kennedy. I'm sorry to say that he didn't impress me at the least bit. Music is still the band but Kennedy doesn't live up to Scott Stapp's voice, which draws you in and keeps you there. The Great Divide got my vote, I think Scott Stapp did a better job this year than Alter Bridge.

The above is how you truly feel about the AB band. All I'm saying is stick to how you truly feel about things. ODR is truly a great album, most listeners loved it. The only reason as to why you didn't is because Stapp wasn't the lead singer. Get used to it.