View Single Post
Old 05-05-2005, 10:37 AM   #12
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I trust eBay, I've bought from books to electronics to crap I dont really need. As fluttergirl said, eBay is reliable, its the seller that should worry you. the rule of thumb on eBay is, try to avoid those with a less than acceptable feedback rating. I dont buy stuff from people with less than 90% good feedback. As for the 0.99 startng price. sellers do that to attract people by making them think they can get a great deal. I've bought crap that started at 0.01 and ended up near 500 (even then it was still a bargin). What you have to make sure of is that the user is reliable and that you are safe. Use done give the seller your info, use a medium like paypal, That way the seller doesnt see your info and you're insured incase the deal goes sour. Also, make sure that they do international shipping, specially in your area. Everything that they post on thier page (in regards to the item at hand) has to be true, if not and you report them, eBay will refund your money and you keep the merchendise. Basically, just do it, the pros out weight the cons.