View Single Post
Old 01-04-2003, 09:06 PM   #14
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
<b>
1. stapp and cia. wouldnīt accept something like this...
2. creed is wind-upīs main artist, they wouldnīt "provoke" Creed this way

I disagree. This band is pretty business savvy now. They have learned along the way how to play the game. I think the album is more of a compromise. Very few artists get total creative control these days, especially new bands. Look how similar some of today's bands sound: Default, Nickelback, 3DD, Saliva, Seether. Not that they are bad, they just have similar sounds to me.

Quote: 3. I believe they wrote what they were really feeling, after all, they reached the top and everything was working fine for them.

I don't really think the lyrics relfect their being really happy with being at the top. I think they saw it as a mix blessing. I think Hide and Weathered reflect that side of it, along with Bullets and Freedom Fighter.

Quote: 4. Mark experimented... More technical songs instead of just strumming, more remarkable riffs and stuff.
Yes, this may be so, but to me, he didn't really stretch it as far as I think he can. I think he will get even better, though, if they don't give in too much to the business side.

Quote: 5. Weathered hasnīt sold as many as HC... so, if what youīre saying is true, next album they gonna get back to their "roots"...

Weathered's only a year old. HC was out in 1999, yes? I'm not saying they will go back to their roots. I do think that on the whole, most writers write what they feel. I think it may have a darker feel to it. I'm really interested to see what Tremonti will come up with. It's fun to see a talented guitarist progress. He has great potential, IMHO.

Quote: 6. IMHO, Weathered is their best album, musically and lyrically (does that word exist???). Not saying it has their best lyric, though, coz I think MOP is the best one... </b>

For me, MOP is their best musically and lyrically. But that's just my opinion . I like darker stuff as a rule, so that's probably why that one appeals to me more.