View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 12:58 PM   #33
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Is Hugo Chavez Crazy?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Hey first welcome here! Second, its too cool to see someone else from South America ...actually Im from Brazil !!!

And about ur posts I can see lotsssss of very good points about US foreign policy!!! Congratulations for your post (except the Hugo Chavez part which Ill coment my reasons to disagree later )...its at least very interesting to see that non americans members here have the same interpretation about US foreign policy while the americans have the oposite...

Yeah, I agree. You guys come up with moronic, non-factual nonsense, and we tell it the way it is.

I am perfectly willing to not only agree but strongly agree that the U.S. has been recently acting terribly with regard to the Middle East. The Iraq war was a heinous error and continues to be extremely problematic. But this ridiculous atittude that the U.S. is imperialistic is laughable at best.

There also seems to be a strange aversion to admitting the U.S. *might* act in its own interests. Of course it will often act in its own interests. That is what countries do. Thankfully, the U.S. also cares about other nations. If it did not, the world would be quite a bit different.

No nation has had the power of the U.S. since Rome, and the U.S. is the first major superpower in history to not use its incredible influence to conquer. Thank goodness for all the non-U.S. citizens on here.