Thread: Rockstar
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2003, 08:46 PM   #23
Fink
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Ok people, here's the deal with Rockstar. First, the film is very loosely based on Judas Priest. In fact, the only piece of the plot that alludes to JP is that the replacement singer for Steel Dragon was a fan. As for the music, There are 6 possibly 7 songs under the name Steel Dragon and were recorded exclusively for the movie and soundtrack. The Studio band consists of musicians that were present in the movie. The band in the studio wrote their own music as well as covered some of the songs done by other bands. Zakk Wylde is probably the most recognizable figure in the band, he is the current guitarist for Ozzy and fronts his own band Black Label Society which also includes Nick Cantanese who was also a guest in the studio for Rockstar. Jeff Pilson plays bass for Steel Dragon and has been a member of Dio and Dokken. Blas Elias is one of the drummers in the studio for Steel Dragon and has been a part of Slaughter since their formation in 1988. Jason Bonham, another drummer for Steel dragon in the studio as well as the drummer for them in the movie. Bonham has contributed to many bands throughout his career and is the son of late Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham. To sum up the musical talents present in the making of Rockstar members Stephen Jenkins and Brian Vander Ark of Third Eye Blind contributed in the studio and acted in the movie as well. I hope this clears all the confusion up. To my knowledge all of this information is correct but I could have been mistaken. Oh and sorry for the length, I doubt anyone will read this.