View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 10:51 PM   #33
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Militants Surround EU Offices in Gaza Over 'Offensive' Cartoons

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) NO!!!!!!Never said that!!!! I dont want to live in a theocracy! I was trying to say to you that IF americans have extreme care about what they want to show to kids on TV and think its a legitimate thing to censore some Rolling Stones sexual lyrics --so its also legitimate to musllims to avoid that their children can see religion being offended by other people...all over the world...

Here's where your argument falters: It's impossible to legislate over what the inependent European press prints about a religion. There is such thing as decency, but they aren't obligated to abide by it. What is shown on T.V. is regulated by the F.C.C. Saying "cum" isn't allowed during the Super Bowl. Oh well. If the word "cum" means so much to you... then, by all means, listen to the album version of the song via your C.D. player.

Muslims have every right to be upset. That's not what I'm disputing. By accusing Europeans of being intolerant to Islam, they're being intolerant for not respecting Europe's free speech beliefs.