View Single Post
Old 06-16-2003, 12:32 AM   #46
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Those notes were taken by sweetdreams when she read 300+ over on the bandrags board.

Quote: Here is the post:  

Okay, When I read all 300+ pages of the Crest I made some notes. If James would be so kind as to look over these, and help to weed out any wrong information, I know I would be greatful and appreciative. Okay this may take a while:  

"4" is a big part of it. Find a connection between the band& the things we already know.  

The SUN gave the Crest Power. Why? The Original Crest is a Sunburst.  

On Page 15 is a picture of the original crest, and the Creed Crest.  

Part may symbolize Creation...  
Part may symbolize 4 band members?  
Part may symbolize Sun on Weathered CD  
The Crest was tossed up into the RAys of the Sun in Bullets video.  

Hearts are similar to arrowheads, Arrowheads= Alertness  
Arrow= protection  

Sun= healing energy, also thought to be Guardian of the Earth by day.  

Lion symbol is strength & courage, but wisdom as well, also ancient symbol for sun.  

Open Hand only has 4 fingers?  

IT IS STARING AT YOU.  

Turn sideways(the crest), and look in the center. By turning it sideways, it is more noticeable.  

Crest looks like an eye. <b>No, the Crest doesn't look like an eye. The "eye" is in the middle. </b>

Clues from James L. &nbsp;

SUNBURST, EYE, ONE &nbsp;

James also defined Creed;n 1 a brief statement of religious belief, especially one accepted as authoritive by a church 2. any statment of belief, priniples, etc. &nbsp;

Crest - any growth on the head of an animal, as a comb or tuff. 2. a heraldic device placed on seals, silverware, etc.3. the top line or surface; summit 4. The highest point, level, degree, etc. -vi to form or reach a crest- crested adj. &nbsp;

Another Clue from James SEE THE LIGHT &nbsp;

also from James - Solar Energy? Why did Scott hold the crest up to the sun in bullets video? Why is crest in sun on Weathered cover? Why? Why? Why? <b>Doesn't "symbolize" the sun on Weathered cover. It's just hidden in it, don't let that confuse you.</b> &nbsp;

On Page 96 Mushroom 40 has an entry. James L replies that "YOU ARE THINKING" &nbsp;

aLSO SUN IS STRENGTH &nbsp;

On page 199 James talks about the 4 directions &nbsp;

East= red= success, triumph &nbsp;
North= blue defeat; trouble &nbsp;
West = black = death &nbsp;
South = White= peace;happiness &nbsp;

Crest = truth &nbsp;

The third Eye- a unique device brings you the ultimate spiritual experience. The 3rd eye reference? um, nope not exactly.

Turquoise protects from evil(p213) <b>Turquoise is on the "original Crest" It represents the sun. </b>

A symbol of the 3rd eye, a connection to the 2nd sense, the reflector, to ward off peril and eveil and an insight into the future. &nbsp;

10/21 The date Jagger was born =1/21 or 1twenty1 &nbsp;

Waht reflected the crest into the water. THINK & CONNECT EVERYTHING. (Sun) &nbsp;

30% Spriritual &nbsp;

"Find a connection that links the things we know, a common ground, the key to the knowledge that we have." &nbsp;

TRAVELER; An Eye, the eye of the sun, but not exactly the sun itself. <b>Don't let the "EYE" part be a factor. </b>

Re-reference by James L.:1. The #4 permeates Navajo philosophy, the 4 directions, first 4 clans, & the 4 colors asst'd with the 4 sacred mountains. &nbsp;
2. The #4 directions guide daily activities, sequence goals, & produce a path of harmony. They are applied to an individuals teachings & learning as well as to his or her own way of living. &nbsp;
3. The directions are sequenced, as East,South, West, & North. The directions can be described as representing knowledge, self-disipline, social awarementss, & respect. &nbsp;
4. East: is the direction of the dawn & represents thinking and knowledge. &nbsp;
5. South: is the planning direction, where one plans what one is going to do. Planning takes discipline. &nbsp;
6. West: is where one does his or her living, and living involves the social pattern or habits. &nbsp;
7. North; is the evaluation portion of one life, a DIRECTION OF REFLECTION. Representing maturity, it can also allude to respect. &nbsp;
8. The 4 directions are an integral part of Native American cultures as well as Navajo, & there are a variety of resources concerning this subject, so choose wisely. &nbsp;
9. in a way the Sunburst is a circle with a cross, the universal symbol originated with southeastern & southwestern tribes. Each segment can be indentified by ones own physical & spriritual significance. &nbsp;

3rd eye_ part of the 6th path on the medicine wheel, is also referred to as "seat of the soul". &nbsp;

Creedfeed has a Crest article ABAJO MTNS &nbsp;

Orignial Crest- shape of sunburst &nbsp;
Jewel in cnnter symbolizes an eye &nbsp;
Eye- eye of the sun, or creator &nbsp;
Creed added stuff to it. THINK &nbsp;

All 8 items in the story had crest on it. Stapp's armour had crest on it].(Bullets video) &nbsp;

Last clue James gave us: THE SUN IS SHINNING &nbsp;
SEEKING? I hear the ROCKY MOUNTAINS are great this time of year. (This was up to the page that it appeared. There have since been more clues.) &nbsp;

Corrections from ThePhoenix &nbsp;
Like i said before, do not let the videos and items in the story confuse you. The items themselves don't have influence in the Crest symbolism.Those weren't the last clues I gave=(Last clue James gave us: THE SUN IS SHINNING &nbsp;
SEEKING? I hear the ROCKY MOUNTAINS are great this time of year. that was the 4 Corners part...Taking us to the Anazasi's...)