Thread: here a good ?
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2003, 12:46 PM   #12
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by raidersfan1281
i understand what you guys are saying but do  you  think it is wrong to say yes i believe in a god and i am sort of christian.  to me you can't be in the middle i believe you have to be a christian or not.

No, I don't and I don't think I or anyone else should be judged poorly because of that. But that's my view. I respect whatever it is you believe even if I don't agree with it. Many here know my views on organized religion, especially Catholicism, so I won't bore you with the details. Suffice it to say that my spirituality is not defined by man-made religious rules or found inside the walls of a church. In my heart I believe there is something more powerful than we and that there is a God who listens to us and loves us.

The members of Creed have said on many occasions that while they are not a Christian band, they each have their beliefs in God. I don't know how much more direct they can be and why this question or desire to make them Christians persists. I don't understand why people cannot be grateful for their music and let them live their lives free of the judgmental tendencies of some religions.

In the words of Creed: Believe what you will, that is your right.