Thread: Jeremiah
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 12:00 AM   #35
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Jeremiah

Good evening to you on what has been a pretty mild winter day here in Ohio! We're picking up where we left off in Jeremiah, and let's go right into it. We had talked about this conspiracy between the Kenites (inhabitants of Jerusalem) and the people of the House of Judah, and God mentioned how the House of Israel and the House of Judah had broken His covenant. That's going to set up this next verse and it will come across harsh but there's a reason and an explanation for it.
Jeremiah 11:11 "Therefore thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will bring evil upon them, which they shall not be able to escape; and though they shall cry unto me, I will not hearken unto them."

Again, that appears harsh but there's a couple of things that need to be said and realized here. In the first place, I hope you're getting the message that God doesn't Himself bring evil upon anyway... they bring it upon themselves. When you have basically all of the blessings of God before you, which you certainly do in the new covenant, and you break that to go after some false gods or false religious ideas, you're kind of making your own bed. Now unfortunately in this day and age especially there's a lot of people with good intentions who follow false doctrine out of ignorance. But you know, man kind of has a saying about the road to a certain place being paved with good intentions, and that place isn't heaven. Now, that's not judging, because that's up to God and perhaps if they're good people who really do love Him, perhaps in as much as even God Himself sends strong delusion on these ones who choose to not study His Word but listen to man (2nd Thessalonians 2:11) then perhaps come the Millenium and afterward they will be straightened out. But also when it says God will not hearken, as we will see in the next verse they will not have truly repented. You can't con God. He knows what you're thinking right at this very minute. If you say "Oh Lord help me" when you get into trouble... He'll always help you if you're in good standing with Him or even if you're not but you repent. But if you are not in good standing with Him and just say "God, help me", I'm sorry but He's not going to do it. John 9:31 is pretty plain. If you are a sinner, God doesn't hear you. He hears you but He's not going to listen. Again, am I judging? Absolutely not... just proclaiming what is written. God forgives sins, but again you won't con Him. He's not there to bail you out automatically every time you get into trouble. In the first place, what would you learn if He automatically bailed you out every time you came across the slightest hint of trouble? You probably wouldn't learn very much. He forgives sin, He loves to help out His children who love Him when they need it. But if you don't care about Him, He does care about you, but He's not going to jump because you ask Him to. It's as simple as that.

Jeremiah 11:12 "Then shall the cities of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem go, and cry unto the gods unto whom they offer incense: but they shall not save them at all in the time of their trouble."

Again they're offering and burning incense to these other "gods" so how sincere are they? Why would they not save them? Well, in the case of history and referring to the last chapter, they're not real. You have to fasten them down to keep them from falling over, and you have to pick them up and carry them to transport them. That's some fancy religion, huh? In the present day,it's whatever man chooses to put his trust or affection, faith, and hope in, other than God. In the likely not too far off future, when most of the world is whoring after Satan as Antichrist, he certainly can't save you because he can't even save himself. He's got a death sentence on his head. Again, it is so easy to avoid this. All you have to do is TRY to do things God's way. That doesn't mean you mess up and quit and say, "well I tried, where's my blessings". You're not going to be perfect, but if you care enough about Him to listen, to study, to rightly divide His Word and to stick with it, repenting when you fall short, He counts that as pretty much perfect. So why fall off into junk?

Jeremiah 11:13 "For according to the number of thy cities were thy gods, O Judah; and according to the number of the streets of Jerusalem have ye set up altars to that shameful thing, even altars to burn incense unto Baal."

You know the shameful thing indeed is we don't lack for churches today. We don't lack for "christian preachers" and "ministries" on tv. But if all they talk about is "Oh Jesus is just so wonderful, He's going to fly us all away, He's going to take away your illness take away your debt, all you have to do dear brother is make your donation in that offering plate or send it in the mail." Now, again I'm not judging. But for all our churches today and all our televangelists, how much real substance is taught? If a man or woman is evangelizing just to bring people to Christ, there's nothing wrong with that if that's all they're doing? That's a good thing. But when the supposed teachers don't inform people that the first "messiah" to show up is a fake, and they build up a theory of some supposed rapture off of a subject that the only thing Paul was talking about was do not sorrow over the dead, they're with Christ, which is what the actual subject of 1st Thessalonians 4:13-18 and that yes we will gather back to Him as well, but not in this "rapture"...these good Christian people will be lead straight to Satan when he comes as the first supernatural "messiah" they see. Unintentionally lead, maybe. But lead to him nonetheless.

Jeremiah 11:14 "Therefore pray not thou for this people, neither lift up a cry or prayer for them: for I will not hear them in the time that they cry unto me for their trouble."

You know God is extremely patient. But there does come a time and there will come a time in which it just becomes too late. The time of trouble here is the time of Jacob's Trouble in the last generation when Antichrist is here. Again, they're going to be worshipping Antichrist, they're going to be offering incense, or their devotion to him. At this time most people will be either marked with the seal of God, meaning the knowledge of His truth, in their forehead or have the mark of the beast in their mind meaning they are totally deceived by Satan. Either way it will play out as it is written during the time that Satan is here deceiving the majority of the world. This is why as it is written in Matthew 7:23 that there will be some who Jesus will say He never knew. They thought they were doing well, when in reality they were following a fake. It will be a miserable and shameful time for those ones.

Jason