View Single Post
Old 03-18-2006, 09:28 PM   #2
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Homosexuality Is Result Of Genes, Brain Structure, Hormones, Contradicts fundies.....

I have never said it is a choice, at least, and neither has the Catholic Church. I am a bit skeptical of this evidence, none of it seems particuarly credible and I liek how they say the theory that a lack of a father can cause homosexuality has been "disproved" without ever showing why. But regardless, even if it were definivitely proven that homosexuality is a genetic trait, which it very well may be (and while undecided on the subject I do somewhat lean in that direction), this would not at all change my belief on the subject.

We are all inherantly sinners, period. Homosexuality is just another form of sin. I sin plenty, but my propensity for it doesn't make it right. Homosexuals may be born that way but that doesn't force them to act upon it. So yes, it is still a choice and always will be whether or not you engage in homosexual acts with others--but who you are attracted to does not mean you have any less dignity than the next guy. Indeed, he who resists the temptation is stronger for it than he who never had to face that choice in the first place.