View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 04:18 PM   #14
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Ok, I went and saw him this morning about 9am. He was hooked up to an IV again, it was really sad. They let me hold him, wrapped in a little blanket, because he was trembling, but there was good news and bad news. The good news was his blood sugar was staying at 120, and also that they had to coax him, by putting the food in their hand, but he did eat on his own. The bad news was that a lot of other factors had shown up in his blood work, that were causing vital statistics, to drop low. They said this could be caused by a number of things, the fact that he's not eating, the parasite that they are treating, or Parvo, or a liver shunt, or shaunt, I can't really remember, but they are going to do the Parvo test today, and the liver one tomorrow, and I really hope they can rule those possibilities out, and that he will start eating on a normal basis, on his own, and that he can stay steady at 120 blood sugar wise, without the IV. I REALLY hope he gets better, and I can bring him home soon. I FINALLY got a hold of the owner of the place that I bought him from, and they were extremely nice about it, and are willing to offset some of the costs, and they offered to replace him if anything happened to him, but it's still not the same. They are supposed to get in contact with the vet this afternoon, and then call me tomorrow. Anyway, just to let you guys know.