View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 10:59 PM   #1
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Got a new puppy!

I bought a new puppy yesterday, a papillon, we named him Labatt, he is 8 weeks old, and seemed to be doing fine, but today when I woke up, he wouldn't even move and when I picked him up to hold him, his head and body just felt limp. He couldn't even stand up, so I rushed him to the animal clinic and turns out, his blood sugar was extemely low, and he almost died. I was in tears, but they seemed to stabilize him, and he was walking around. They wanted to keep him over night, so after I picked the kids up from school we went by to see him, and he was having to be force-fed, but still doing a lot better. I will get to bring him back home tomorrow. I am pretty upset that I was sold a very sick puppy, I don't think places should be allowed to do that, but he is just the cutest little guy, and I have now grown attached. Even after just a day. They are adorable, and great kid dogs. If I am not mistaken, from the photo gallery (back in the day) Dan has one. Papillon means butterfly in french, and their little ears just poof out like a butterfly. Mine is about 4 pounds now, and will only grow to be about 7 pounds. Cute as a button though. They get bigger, grow longer hair and of course get the ears. I will attach a picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pap0421d.jpg (6.5 KB, 314 views)