View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 04:12 PM   #78
Justify
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Atheism growing in America

Lunar,
It seems that all you can do is throw out hate speech against me and my beliefs. What makes Christianity so poisonous? Whether you believe in God or not you have to see that Christianity teaches a good way to live. My point earlier was that you have to have faith to believe what you believe. You have to have faith to believe that matter somehow always existed even though everything around us points to their being a beginning and an end to everything. I choose to have faith that there is a God who created it all. I am a very logical person. You believe that what you have spouted out is logical but to others it sounds ridiculous. It is ludicrous for you to think because of a year of studies that you have it all figured out. You want proof that God exist but you don't have proof of what you believe. Science has never been able to prove evolution. Guess why, because it cannot be recreated. Science cannot prove your beliefs. So your beliefs are based purely off of other peoples theories which means you have to have faith that what you believe is right. So you, just as I, choose to believe in something that you cannot see or "prove". Just because you choose not to believe in Christianity does not mean it is illogical. For your sake I hope you are correct. If you are correct when I die I will never know any different. If you are incorrect when you die it will be all too late for you to change your mind.

Also if you want proof that Jesus actually existed and do not think that the writings of Paul and the other books of the bible are proof enough maybe you should look into other writings of the times such as the writings of:
Cornelius Tacitus - 1st century Roman Historian
Flavius Josephus - 1st century Jewish Historian
Suetonius - writer of that time period

Jesus did indeed exist but of course it will take faith to believe he was the Son of God.
Matthew 11:30
His yoke is easy and his burden is light

Last edited by Justify : 04-11-2006 at 04:28 PM.