View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 04:48 PM   #8
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by LeftOfTheMurder) I would agree. Wind up sucks at promoting....look at Broken Wings. I thought for sure I'd atleast see the video on T.V. (at the very least...I thought it'd do very well, in fact). But that didn't even happen, and I heard it on the local Madison radio station, 94.1 JJO, like twice. That's Wind Up's promotion for you

True, WU is not GREAT at promoting, but BW never did anything because it was a HORRIBLE choice for a single, just like I and many others argued and got jeered at for saying.

OYE did not get HUGE promotion (although it got more than anything else) but it did well because it is a radio freindly song with a catchy little hook at the intro which makes people stop switching channels and listen. That is not the kind of songs AB needs to be putting out though, becasue they will never achieve success with it the way they did with Creed. Their only way to stardom is SUPER stardom by actually breaking barriers the way few bands have done--the only bands that come to mind who did it in the last twenty years are U2 and Nirvana.