Thread: Similarities
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2004, 01:35 AM   #10
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
i have put chris cornell on a pedastle. he is as close to a rock god as there has ever been or ever will be, period. no amount of evidence or anything else will ever prove otherwise to me. but. im not an idiot. i know that when he does bad things, its not a lack in judgemnet, or a simple mistake, or a misunderstanding. its a bad thing that he has done. he smokes, and i still hate that about him, yet he remains on my pedastle. i wont blindy defend him when people bring that up, i generally agree with them, yes, he needs to stop. if he were to get in a barfight, i would think less of him for it. if anyone i knew got into a barfight, i would think less of them. its not that we expect stapp to be so much better, we dont. even the people i hold on pedastles, i realize are humans. no one is perfect. commenting on such, noticing such, making statements about such, merely reminds people that these people in show business ARE just human, and does keep people from making these huge pedastles of perfection. this is where i disagree with a lot of people about Stapp. there is a difference from admiring a person, and putting them on a pedastle in that way, and picturing them godlike, and inhuman, or merely ignoring their acts that prove themselves as such.

i dont have to judge the grass to know its green.

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller