View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 10:12 AM   #12
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) true but half of this stuff comes from it being prohibited. if people could have a drink (or even a joint) at an early age, then it would lose that appeal and people probably wouldn't care so much about it. now harder substances should be dealt with the full force of the law but an 18 year old arrested for having a beer? just plain stupid......
also if young people were raised with alcohol around them at an early at early age (and not just at parties) it probably wouldn't be abused so much.
... yea and if everybody did thier part.... You honestly have a better chance of parting the sea than doing that. You can warp the culture as much as you'd like to whatever floats your boat, but the case youre missing is that alcohol is addictive. Doing what you will the culture is not going to reduce the addictive nature of the susbstance. Drugs, cigarettes and alcohol are still going to be as addictive after as they were before. Point in case, caffine. My girl loves Coke and trying to get a sip form her drink is like taking a bone away from a pitbull. I'd rather go through testicle-crunching stones than give up my Dr. Pepper. See my point?