Thread: Scott
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2005, 05:06 PM   #13
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) I personally read the lyrics before I listen to a song, they are what moves me the most and since you're so well informed you should know Scott wrote almost all of them.
Yeah, but then you should have written "I'm not even able to describe what your lyrics means to me". And just so you know Flip said this in The Flint Journal:

"Mark wrote most of the material (with Creed). He wrote probably 60 or 70 percent of the lyrics, did most of the vocal melodies and came up with all of the guitar riffs," Phillips said in a recent interview from the band's rehearsal space in Florida. - Read the whole interview here

Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) Lets face it, Scott's passion is what made Creed such a great band.
No. But it was apart of it. I got into Creed mostly because they had GREAT songs, (which Mark wrote), and because the singer seemed really cool. So both actually.

Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) Alter Bridge is succesful thanks to Creed, they just got many Creed fans handed on a plate because Tremonti and Philips are in there. I'm not surprised Brian is negative about Scott. Obviosly the guy is holding a grudge against Scott because they got in an argument when Brian was insulting Pearl Jam. That was the reason Brian had to leave Creed.
Yeah, sure, that's true, but all Scott's fans will also be Creed fans at first. And the Pearl Jam thing... Not the whole truth! I don't know the whole truth 'cause the band won't tell us but Brian said in an interview last year, (maybe it was that Kerrang interview, can't remember), that the Pearl Jam thing was not the reason he left and that he didn't want to tell the whole story.

Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) I think it's a dissapointment that Tremonti and Philips left Scott because he was going through a hard period. For example he gained some weight because he was taking pills against inflammation. He kind of isolated himself and they didn't have any understanding for it.
Actually Scott said to VH1 that he took fully responsibility for the Creed break-up and that it was all his fault 'cause he couldn't communicate. The clip was up on PassionBreedsFollowers a while ago.

This is from the interview Mark and Flip did with MTV when Creed was over. This part is about the Chicago show:

"My entire family was at that show," Tremonti said, "so I was very irritated. But I forgave Scott for it. I talked to him about it, [but he didn't] offer any kind of explanation. That's probably what bothered me the most. There was no closure on it. It was like, 'Let's keep moving on,' and I was like, 'Well, we've got to address these issues,' but we just never did.".

Read the entire interview here

Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) I don't think that the man who wrote 'Faceless Man' can be a pathological liar. The chances are bigger that Tremonti and Philiphs are addicted to attention and fame and couldn't wait for Scott to recover. But hey that's their loss.
In the same interview with MTV when Creed was over they said they did go into the studio to make their 4th album Scott's passion for Creed was pretty much gone. But that's not in the text interview I saw that Flip said that in a video clip from the interview MTV had up. Maybe they still have, check it out.

Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) So far Alter Bridge hasn't made one song that's as deep and meaningful like Creed songs. I'm sure Scott will be very succesful on his own anyway.
Yeah, that's what you think. Nothing has EVER touched me the way In Loving Memory did. That's the only song ever I've cried to. And man. Broken Wings, Shed My Skin, Find The Real, The End Is Here, I might as well just name 'em all. They're in a different style than Creed's yeah, but they're very emontional.

Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) By the way when it comes to growing up, Alter Bridge lyrics deal with the same kind of issues as Creed so Tremonti must have had troubles growing up too.
Eh... Yeah... So? Everyone has been through tough times, but what's so wrong with that? I just said that Scott's past seems like this huge load of shit that just got to him at the same time.

Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) I understand you're in love with Tremonti but you're giving him too much credit. Try to be a little more objective. If Mark had done all the work Scott wouldn't have been in the band in the first place.
Hahaha!! I'm in love with Mark? Yeah right, you're the one who wrote that poem about Scott like he was God, remember? And I am very objective. I only quote interviews made by Creed, Alter Bridge and Scott himself. And when Mark met Scott Scott knew NOTHING about music, but Mark, for example, tried to teach him to play guitar, although he wasn't very good. Anyway. My point is that Scott learned very much from Mark. Just watch Creed: Behind The Music. It's able to download at www.PassionBreedsFollowers.com

And Ann. I'm not giving my opinions. I'm giving facts, and if you can't handle it, that's your problem.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by The Lithium : 06-09-2005 at 05:19 PM.