View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 10:17 AM   #23
piecesoftrees
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) I'm not too sure if Stapp's music would 'get over' it in the U.K. Broken....maybe.

With Arms Wide Open was available for selection on The Box when it was released and didn't catch on. If there was one Creed song that would have been popular in this country that would have been it.

I mean, look at our singles/album charts of late - Westlife No.1 again! The U.K is still predominantly Pop/RnB.

He just doesn't get enough exposure in this country because radio has to cater for 'the majority' in order to attract listeners. It's a shame.

Take Care

I really don't think it'd catch on in the UK either. It's not 'simple' enough. It wouldn't appeal to young girls so therefore it wouldn't really.

Like you say, Westlife...we just can't win...

'My Sacrifice' was on the Kerrang! metal and rock video channel for about 6-12 months being shown on selection, and I did actually buy Weathered in WH Smith (for those who don't know, a mainstream seller or CD's, DVD's but mainly books and magazines). And over here Creed are NOT mainstream.

I think they were trying to sell Creed while Linkin Park and Papa Roach were selling loads over here. Didn't work though. In a way I'm glad. I've read many reviews saying 'Nu-metal band Creed...' in the UK, because of that.

Anyway, I believe My Sacrifice made number 17 but don't hold me to it.

Bridge Of Clay, I agree. It's not original, but it's a very good quality song with a lot of potential and I like it a lot.