Thread: Book of Mormon
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2004, 02:27 AM   #105
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) [b]
The symbol that was actually selected is the character specifically used to represent a like sounding syllable in foreign words. When not used to render a meaningless syllable of a foreign word, this character suggests "smoothing something with the hand." (If one were to take this literal rendering seriously, one could explain "Mo-Men" as meaning "hand-smoothed Gateway, " or "way smoothed by hands." Further, interpolation might suggest that it was the bleeding hands of Jesus Christ that smoothed the way to Salvation!)

What the crafty enemies of the Restored Church have done is to pervert the facts in such a way that only those knowing Chinese can see their fraud. From the thirty characters which have been reading Mo, they substituted the one which means "devil" (and which is not the one used by the Church) and then propagated the lie that in Chinese the word "Mormon" means "Devil's gate," or "Gateway to Hell."

H-D
OK
1. Smoothed by hands? What they said as the understsanding of that was totally not what I was thinking!!!!!

Sorry but I just read this and got annoyed.

Also
2. The restored church? That just makes me so mad. it's obvious that info from this site: http://www.irr.org/mit/ would be considered as anti-mormon to you guys cos You think as the restored church, that you are more enlightened than us, so any info from any other source is just crap right?

The site has the original book of mormon and various other things that make U guys look bad, but the thing is unless a site like this posts the original versions, U guys will never be aware of the changes. Prophecies included.

ROCK HARD!!!