Thread: Book of Mormon
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2004, 01:54 AM   #104
SleeplessAngel
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to SleeplessAngel Send a message via MSN to SleeplessAngel
Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) Just out of curiosity, do you believe that the movie "The Godmakers" is an amazing documentary? I have never heard of Jesus coming back in a corn-field. That just ain't going to happen.

As your post seems to indicate, you were baptized at a fairly early age, learned the customs of the church, yet didn't learn of how things came about, or to say, the basis of those customs, and then were easily swayed by either misunderstaing teachings or hearing non-doctrinal teachings, and have solidified your ideas in stone, possibly due to hostility towards the church. Just a guess.

H-D

First of all I've never even heard of that Documentary. Thanks. Second of all, I was raised as a Mormon, till I realised it was a bunch of crap, of course that's my opinion. I was in that church until I was 17. The best thing I ever did for myself was to quit attending. You have your opinion, I was just adding mine. You are obviously happy with your religion. I happen to believe it a form of a cult. Two seperate opinions, but that's ok. I don't have hostility towards the church, but if you can PROVE to me in stone, that all of their prophets, and such are REAL, then I'll think about changing my opinions. Oh, and I don't usually misunderstand things, I'm one of those annoying people who ask a million questions until the meaning is crystal clear.