Thread: Stapp Confesses
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 12:27 AM   #138
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Stapp Confesses

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) I think all of you are pretty naive if you think that Mark Tremonti and Scott Phillips aren't capable of being just as big of an asshole as you claim Scott Stapp is. What makes them so freaking special that they aren't capable of being jerks themselves? Just cause they have been nice to you? Hell yeah they are nice to you. You bought a ticket or you bought a CD.
it seems to me most people appear to take Tru & Flip's side for a couple of reasons:
1) Stapp visibly had prooblems during the band's demise: allegations of drug use (even had these allegations been proved false, an accusation against someone never looks good), and of course the infamous chicago show.

2) AB came out w/ their debut pretty much on schedule. Stapp didn't. This, naturally, leads people to think that AB is perhaps more reliable than Stapp, even if the 2 are unrelated.

3) Comments to the media: AB came across as more frank, realistic, and honest (if not wholly motivated by a desire to utterly trash Stapp's public image) than did Scott. The singer, at least for the first while, was talking about potentially getting back together someday. AB, meanwhile, continued to take stab after stab at the fallen Stapp.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) I'm actually glad that Stapp is away from them. It appears to have had a positive impact on his life, though I'm sure most of you freaking people wouldn't see it that way. Regardless of what any of you think, I wish the man much luck in dealing with what he's going through....its called COMPASSION.
I honestly do feel for Stapp. The article revealed a much deeper insight into what he's dealt with over the past 3 years or so. He's certainly in my prayers, and he does seem to finally be on the right path. However, being apart from Flip & Tru didn't do him much good for the first year or two. The article mentions his problems while in the studio recording for the Passion album. At this same point in time, if I recall correctly, he was appearing on talk shows, discussing how he'd cleaned up and found God and recommitted his life to Him. This, however, only finally appears to be happening.