Thread: Mr. Kennedy
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2004, 05:57 PM   #48
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) No, you can't compare Myles to Stapp. They have different styles and technical skills.

Yet, I love Stapp's tone. It caught my attention the first time I heard him. I love his lyrics. He's my favourite singer.

Myles is great, although I'm personally not a fan of the high ranges. I'm looking forward to listen how he fits to Mark. Maybe he'll come up with a different style of M4, since he sounds really versatile.

no you can't compare but but it will obviously be done! Just like Zak De Rocha and Chris Cornell and Axl Rose and Scott Weiland. All four of these guys are vastly different singers and yet are compared because their bands remained basically the same with a lineup change in the vocalist department.

I personally prefer a higher range singer such as Chris Cornell or Myles Kennedy but besides these guys and Axl Rose no-one really does it very well. A baritone is great for Mark's style of music and I will miss having Scott's lyrics here but oh well. This does free up Mark though where he can wail and doesn't have to detune his guitar half the time.