View Single Post
Old 04-25-2003, 01:37 PM   #17
robaustin1701
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I'm not trying to demonize all of you, there have been a select few who have debated quite well.

And - I'll freely admit - filing of a lawsuit is the last straw.

But frankly, if it came to the "last straw" for these fans - then Creed need to address it - swiftly. I'm not hearing anything from their camp at all. That's unfortunate, because that means their management is wasting valuable time.

You say that the lawsuit could destroy Creed's reputation. Ok - yes I agree it can. And that's just the reason they need to take action. Maybe it wouldn't be fair to the band. But it's not fair to the fans of the show to not get their money back either. Let them show the fans and the world that they are honorable, and have integrity in the face of adversity.

As for mean - for me that's obnoxious name calling - I've been called (for example):

"bunghole"
"buttface"

I've been MOONED (by Marcos)

And I've faced unbridled sarcasm (for example):
"I eat my toe nails!!!
--*Rob "
"You've voiced. Bu-bye then. "

It hasn't been everyone - but there has been quite a bit of it.

Sarcasm, name calling, being dismissive, stonewalling, cold shouldering are all defense mechanisms - defense mechanisms are used to get out of engaging in real rational mature conversation. Which some folks here obviously don't want to have.

I've attempted nothing more then to engage in meaningful debate.

--*Rob