View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 12:35 PM   #11
Icedmofo
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Mark Tremonti Ultimate Guitar interview

Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontiriffs77) -Think the album name sucks..So unoriginal..Hasnt this already been done with Van Halen III-

-I highly doubt he enjoys one over the other

-I really dont have high hopes for "III" To me the guys are just wasting material they could use to put Creed back on the map

-In my opinion-What is the point of AB now?? Tremonti has creative control again..I love AB but I am realistic..They will always be Creeds red headed stepchild-

-"Alter Bridge III" is just the placeholder name for their third album because they haven't named it yet, that is not the actual name of the album. If, for the sake of argument, it was the title, how does that automatically mean it won't be good? Is Alter Bridge Van Halen? Thought they were their own band, and that would ultimately mean they could call them album "Black Fuzzy Cheese" and it could be the best thing you'd ever heard.

-Honestly i have to disagree, i have high hopes for ABIII because Tremonti writes better now with kennedy than with stapp. I will love creed to my dying breath, but stapp isn't what he once was as a vocalist or a writer, if tremonti hadn't been co writing with stapp and been on guitar, full circle would have been shit. As it stands, some of the lyrics are questionable.

-AB let's tremonti play what he actually enjoys playing, creed is the commercial side. The only reason this happened is because Alter Bridge isn't as commercially viable as creed so they went into debt with the tour.

It's a catch 22, i'm sure mark is enjoying creed now, but it's still not alter bridge, which is almost entirely his brain child and in my opinion musically superior.

At the end of the day, enjoy what you enjoy, but to me creed is the passing phase and alter bridge will be where it ends up.

If stapp's voice continues in the arc it's going on now, i'm really not sure how long creed is going to last. At some point stapp will lose it entirely and it won't matter whether they've all made up or not, it's really unfortunate.