View Single Post
Old 08-17-2004, 04:24 AM   #14
hayley
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by revisfoot) Velvet Revolver's album was #1 in it's first week of release. Will our boys pull that off as well? I think it will happen, but, if not, they'll definetly climb to that top spot. Their songs are so awesome, and the word of mouth will get around! I guess we'll just wait and see!

Oooh that's a tough one! To put them next to such a big band like Velvet. But, I am hoping that they will do that, it would be awesome and would get them off to a brilliant start.

But I think the reason why Contraband went straight to #1 so fast and they are so popular now, is because some of them are from the Gunners. And as we all know, they were a MASSIVE band, so the old Guns n' Roses fans would have been wanting more music, waiting for a new band to come out, like we have done with Alter Bridge. But because GNR were so huge, I think that's why they have half the success. I'm not saying that Velvet aren't good, they are, but because of the GNR fame, that's why Velvet are just as good.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006