View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 06:08 PM   #71
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Hey, I actually took him in for a vaccination last week, and he had some hair missing on his face, that we didn't even notice, they said he has gotten some sort of mite mange that is hereditary (they get it from their mother) that is caused by stress, and we have to put some cream on it daily, but he seems to be doing fine with it, it isn't spreading to his entire body or anything, and he had a few fleas also, that I think he may have gotten at the vet, so we had to get some once a month flea treatments. He didn't have to be dipped for the fleas or mange, because it wasn't bad, and it's good, because he's too small to dip in my opinion, and the hair is growing back on his butt really slow. His hair is already back on his legs and throat, but it's just creeping along on the butt. He is still eating well, and I am hoping he will come out of all of this okay. It seems like it's one thing after another, but he is getting the hang of basic commands, and trying to get him house broken is turning into a real task, but he's coming along, and I think everything else will pass. The fleas seem to be gone, and if the mange is caused by stress, like they say, I can definitly believe he's been under his share of stress the past month and a half. We'll keep our fingers crossed that he is going to do nothing, but get better from here on out. Luckily these new problems aren't major, like before.

Thanks for asking, I will keep you updated.