View Single Post
Old 04-24-2005, 01:23 PM   #56
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Johnnynips) "First, modern rock SUCKS. I can switch nickleback with 3 doors down, with puddle of mudd, with Creed, with hoobastank, and never be able to tell the freaking difference. I don't CARE if a bunch of thirteen year old girls were touched by Creed's music, that doesn't make Scott Stapp a great singer and vocalist"

First of all buddy this is a creed website...Secondly I have followed the band since the begining and listen to their music everyday and I do understand..and your wrong buddy because in an interview Mark praised Kennedy's songwriting ability...It was more of a collaboration than Mark writing everything. Finally that whole post grundge theory is garbage, I think most would agree that CREED blew the doors off all of the competition during their run, and if you think that for a second that this lead singer has more talent you are truly clueless. When together Creed had the swagger and touch that only a few did. I guess you have shown your ignorance in that you prefer garbage 80's sound with awesome guitar and drums...Maybe you should take your act to the Myles kennedy Fansite and blow him a little bit... oh and to end this for good when the remaining Doors, one of the greatest rock bands ever gave praise to Creed as being one of the best bands they had seen or heard I would believe those guys over some uncertain drummer...Ps...If you want heavy garbage sound try listening to some Pantera... oH YEAH ONE MORE THING AL THOSE BANDS YOU MENTIONED NICKLEBACK..THREE DOORS...THEY ALL COPIED CREEDS STYLE...WAKE UP..Find the real

Most would NOT agree Creed blew the other bands away. Most CREED FANS would agree but that's because, DUH, they are Creed fans. Nickleback fans would say the same about nickleback, etc. etc. And If you want to claim Nickleback and POM etc. ripped off Creed, then Creed just ripped of Pearl Jam.

NO ONE that is not a fan of Creed (and most people aren't, contrary to your opinion) would say that Creed is better than the other bands I have mentioned most can't really tell the difference.

Mark praised Kennedy's sonwriting ability, sure, but Mark had already written practically all the songs by the time Kennedy was on board. The only song Myles wrote himself was DTML, and those have nothing to do with attacking Stapp.

You think I care what the DOORS think? What on Earth? What do they have to do with this? And no, they are not one of the greatest rock bands of all time, I could name ten off the top of my head that are better.

Obviously you just don't like heavy music (heavy garbage?) but if so, then AB isn't your band, so just stay away from them, they obviously aren't your genre.

And its funny you mention FTR, because I want to hear Stapp ever come anywhere CLOSE to pulling off that song. He couldn't. Period. And yet I can sing every Creed song there ever was with no trouble, because thoguh you are obviously ignorant of it, Stapp's voice is nothing special. Most people can sing what he sings.

And someone said they are confused that MOP is my favorite album yet I was bashing Creed? A few things. First, I like MOP and it is my favorite CREED album, not my favorite album. Second, Creed was GREAT on MOP, and then they sorta went down the toilet on HC and Weathered.

But either way, sure AB is 3/4 of Creed but a new singer makes a BIG difference when your old singer was as bad as Stapp, and your new singer is Myles Kennedy. Plus, Tremonti no longer is worrying about sounding Radio friendly, and just rocks out, resulting in far better, far more advanced songs. Plus, Flip seems to have learned how to DRUM sometime between Weathered and ODR, so that always helps. Plus, Marshall, althoguh often times difficult to hear, has some really nice basslines going.

So no, I don't hate Creed, and yes, AB is 3/4 Creed, but anyone who then makes the assumption that they must be a lot alike is insane. Similarites exist, sure. They are going to when you have the same guy writing the songs with the same equipment and same guitars. But AB is definitely above Creed even at their peak, MOP.

And anyone who thinks Creed is going to be remembered as one of the greatest bands of all time really is deluded. I mean, REALLY deluded.