View Single Post
Old 03-07-2005, 11:32 AM   #10
goddess_bb
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Sincirr,
Thank you so very much for answering my questions, I didn't think anyone would. I appreciate your thoughtful and intelligent answer it has given me alot to think over.
You are the first Christian to actually give me a straight answer and not only do I appreciate that I find that I agree with most of what you said. It makes sense that under God's love that you would avoid negativity which is a good thing don't get me wrong. What bothers me is that sometimes people of a religious nature try to act like things of a negative nature never happen. I think you are right about Brian Welch I read somewhere that he said that "he loves the guys in Korn and they love him, but then something about getting over the anger or there is more than anger" Truthfully I am very happy for him because what more can we hope for in this life but alittle peace.
I have hopes that eventually religion will evolve to be more realistic. I am a huge history buff and I can attest that religion has evolved ALOT. I watched Ray last night about Ray Charles..and he was the first to combine r&b with gospel hymns and he was accused of being the devil..here was a man who was very successful and gave alot back. So why would God allow this man to have the blessings he did if he was supporting the devil??
Religion needs to understand that people who listen to heavy metal are not devil worshippers but more likely just people like me who have issues with the realities of life. All religion has ever done is judge us and tell us that it was wrong to feel the way we do. I have a relationship with God but I don't believe in any religion. ANd that is because of the people not God.
Again Thank You so much for taking the time to answer my questions it really means alot to me..
Someone tries to hide himself
Down inside himself he prays
Someone swears his true love
Until the end of time
Another runs away
Separate or united
Empty or insane
And be yourself is all that you can do
All that you can do

Be Yourself~Audioslave

~Ignore me, I dare you~