View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 10:02 PM   #4
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Quote: (Originally Posted by Whitebird) Where one person may collect food and items for those in need, another may teach that there is a need.
Yeh thats a great point. I did a presentation of bible verses and a song I wrote concerning the bible verse from Matthew, Whatever you do to them you do to me, and not anyone in that room wasn't touched by God's heart on the matter.

I guess what frustrates me the most is that God's people clearly have a responsibility to the poor, its in the bible, but nobody seems to read it these days! Perhaps I should post some verses of interest. Not for condemnation's sake, but for reference and to see God's perspective on the poor...it seems that the poor are on God's heart. He HATES poverty!

I sorta wish that churches collectively would give a percentage to the cause of the third world. Imagine the difference. I know it breaks God's heart. It says that the first church's people sold their posessions to give to others that had need, or had less. It breaks my heart how materialism can breed convenient ignorance.

Ohhhh, I shouldnt have gotten started on this topic. I get pretty passionate. I'll go

ROCK HARD!!!