View Single Post
Old 02-23-2006, 07:37 AM   #63
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Who wrote the lyrics for the songs of Creed?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) I think Mark said in a past interview that it was Scott who always got the last say on everything. As much as I respect Scott on a professional level, he does strike me as the sort of person who would 'spit his dummy out' if he didn't get his own way.

All you have to do is look at how heavy ODR is compared to HC and Weathered. Mark even had to build his guitar work around Scott. He probably felt trapped and wanted more freedom to express himself doing what he loved most.

Mark, Scott and Brian all felt the 'Iron Fist' of Stapp and decided to leave when they'd had enough. Saying that, would Creed have had the same success if Stapp hadn't put his foot down all the time?

Take Care

Yeah....but at least two of them left rich men. I didn't buy One Day Remains and never will. It says nothing of substance to me. Let them express themselves the way they want to, but they need to realize they aren't going to get richer doing it their way. And neither will Stapp, probably. I'm NOT a metalhead and never will be.