View Single Post
Old 01-17-2004, 10:37 PM   #27
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by addicted2stapp) That's the thing, maybe you shouldn't think out loud so often.

Thinking out loud is great, especially on message boards. If you don't like me thinking out loud, why reply? It just gets me thinking more.

Quote: (Originally Posted by addicted2stapp) No, I didn't go to Chicago, I live in New Zealand.

You'd understand a little more if you were there. Penn State show too. The show was one thing, but Stapp's subsequent voicemails and letters to reporters, plus his appearances on shows like the Abrams Report -- where he completely denied being intoxicated and that he was just "expressing" himself -- was quite telling of his nature, as far as I'm concerned. Judging from that very high-profile and serious incident/response, I would conclude he's the kind of guy that doesn't like to admit he's wrong. Did that nature contribute to Creed's separation? I think it very well could have.

Quote: (Originally Posted by addicted2stapp) The fact that Mark and Stapp aren't talking...fuck, here we go again. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED, SO JUST LEAVE IT THE HELL ALONE!!!

Well, if you believe Mark's brother (i.e. the info surrounding the Creed separation), then you have to believe everything he says. Micheal said that both Stapp and Mark "have gone their separate ways." Sounds fairly cut-and-dry to me.

Quote: (Originally Posted by addicted2stapp) And I don't think that it's a possibility, no, not really....you think that some "disrespect" would worry them and lead to a break up? I seriously doubt it.

Come now... if you're a musician and you consistently get negative reviews and popular *hatred* (not just disrespect) from a lot of rock fans, you don't think it has any effect at all? I think it had at least something to do with it.
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed

Last edited by velocityidp : 01-17-2004 at 10:41 PM.