View Single Post
Old 09-28-2004, 05:10 PM   #14
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) I don't know though, it seems like a lot of creed fans won't like a song unless its a song thats depressing. It think AB is a good change from that.

Creed's music was NOT depressing...it WAS/IS about life and hope...achieving dreams, seeing possibilities...positivity...Creed's sound was BALANCED.

one of the reasons i DIDN'T connect with AB is the negativity i got from their lyrics, which i DID find depressing...the choppiness in flow...a voice, tho talented, that did not appeal to me...and attempting to fit the lyrics to the music...instead of letting the lyrics speak with the music...Alter Bridge's sound is UNBALANCED...and that does not appeal to me.

As for playing the spirituality card...man...LISTEN to the lyrics...READ them...and then come back and tell us that AB didn't BORROW from their Creed roots...spirituality was not only part of stapps upbringing..but i'm sure that Mark, Brian, Flip and Myles have a little of it in them as well...of one kind or another.