View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 12:25 AM   #1
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Switchfoot & Reeve Oliver - 16 April 2007 - the Shrine Mosque, Springfield

So, I just got back from the Switchfoot concert w/ my fiancée & one of her roommates.
Reeve Oliver opened up for them; they were pretty good, although, as often seems the case with the opening act, the speakers & such weren't set to achieve nice acoustical quality (meaning: it was a bit loud & difficult to decipher lyrics, etc.... but maybe that's just because I'm getting old...). I wish I had a set list, or something, but I don't. During their final tune, Jon Foreman of Switchfoot came on the stage to sing along, and that of course got the crowd amped. Truthfully, I'd heard of them, but never actually gave 'em a listen. But they were pretty good & entertaining, nonetheless.

After a good 40 minute break, Switchfoot came out & started out with "Stars," "Oh! Gravity," "Ammunition," "Meant to Live,"... the covered Bad Religion's "Sorrow," and then played "Yesterdays,"... "Chem 6A," during "The Shadow Proves the Sunshine," Jon took a long set of rope lights and started out into the crowd & headed to each side of the room, dragging the lights across the crowd, then headed to the stage & climbed onto the tower of speakers, where he finished the song... "We Are One Tonight,"and ended with "Dare You to Move." That's the order, as best as I can recall, although a few others were mixed in there ("This Is Your Life," "Gone," "Awakening," and a couple more from Oh! Gravity that I'm not familiar with yet... obviously my hearing isn't as good as I thought it was...). But, sonically, it was much more discernible, so that was good. In all, it was worth the $10.

Last edited by RMadd : 04-17-2007 at 06:42 PM.