View Single Post
Old 09-12-2003, 05:11 PM   #57
Jez
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
OK, here is an excerpt that I just transcripted from the interview. I did not vary from the interview in any way other than to leave out a few UHHHs, and UMMMs.......LOL

Caller: I was wondering....why did you call the new album human clay?

SS: Ummm....a song on the record called "Say I"....there's a lyric in the first one or two lines that actually says the words 'Human Clay ' in it, and uh.....when we were thinking about an album title you know we wanted something that kinda tied the whole album together from beginning to end...kind of a central theme that ran throughout the album, and I think one of those--there's a few theme's on there--but one of 'em is about growth, and how we grew as individuals in the last three years....how we grew as musicians in the last three years. You know, all these changes that are happening in your life as you grow older and mold and become into the human being that you are. And Human Clay to us is just like that as a man or a woman, that we are like a piece of human clay and we're constantly being molded and shaped and formed into the people that we are now and the people that we are becoming ....and I think that it was just appropriate for the album based on the themes and the songs, and that's basicly what it meant.

This interview, done in Philidelphia the week before Human Clay was released, is EXCELLENT! There's alot of insightful and even some funny stuff on it, and perhaps I could be persuaded to transcript the entire thing when I have time.

Creed~~Bullets