View Single Post
Old 05-20-2005, 10:07 AM   #1
OneOmerta
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
New Stapp Update

Thanks to Choose2live from PBF...who posted it for us at Crossroads.
Thanks girl.

Thought I'd post it here in case there's anyone interested.

Quote: Just copying this over from PBF... thought you guys might be interested

So a friend of mine who's a DJ was speaking with her WU rep this morning... this is what I was told:

Last week Scott showed up in New York with a CD of six finished songs, ready to go. He presented the songs to WU by actually performing them, with the CD (karaoke-style). They were apparently thrilled - both with the music and the presentation. Most artists will just send a CD up, so they felt that his personally presenting it spoke highly of his willingness to work hard to make the music successful.

This is not to say that he only has six songs... those are just the ones that have been completely recorded and finished at this point

WU is hoping everything will be ready for a fall release but they are adamant about not pressuring him, they refuse to set a deadline and want a quality record as opposed to whatever they can get right away. But things are still looking good for a fall release. Scott is WU's central focus right now and they want to do what they can to make him successful - and the biggest part of that right now is letting him do what he needs to do to make the record good.

Not much was said about the sound of the record, other than there's some experimental sound, playing with loops and beats and such. But WU's enthusiastic and whatever else can be said about WU, they know good music.

So that's the update!

None. It's not in our evaluation.
Just one. And he'd do it a lot faster than a City Carrier.
None. Maintenance would file a grievance for crossing crafts.