View Single Post
Old 02-15-2005, 12:53 AM   #7
kariyanine
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to kariyanine Send a message via MSN to kariyanine Send a message via Yahoo to kariyanine
Man I can't believe the drubbing that Silvertide is getting from you guys. I was overly impressed by their live performance after having thought that the album was mediocre. They had so much energy on stage and the guitar playing from them was excellent.

As I said the last time I think that Submersed is great but the sound system just doesn't seem to be set properly when they hit the stage. It was better this time around but the bass was still set to high and it droned out the excellent guitar playing. At least you could hear the vocals this time around though. They are quickly becoming one of my favorite bands and I actually went more to see them this time than anything else. I do wish they had a longer set though, I would have liked to have heard some of their other songs as well.

As I said two paragraphs up, I personally thought Silvertide was very good. A huge improvement over Crossfade, whom I almost ran over last time in Philly. They remind me of the Black Crowes when they started out, straight up rock and roll. The lead singer had a wealth of energy and the guitar player was great. They are certainly a better love band in my opinion than their album would suggest.

Finally on to the headliners, and once again they didnt disappoint but it does seem like the show went much quicker this time around. Mark and the guys sounded great but truth be told I felt their best song of the night wasn't even their own. Their cover of LedZep's Rock and Roll was downright amazing with Mark and the lead player from Silvertide alternating solos. Amazing stuff. I would have liked to have heard Save Me but I'm not crying over it not being played. Once again, I think the biggest pop of the night came from Down to My Last, it seemed like the whole crowd was singing along with that one. All in all a fantastic show once again.