View Single Post
Old 12-17-2002, 10:48 PM   #41
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
You are so right. 9/11 was an eye opener. I am sorry to hear about your losses. I have been fortunate enough to not have lost many loved ones. My great grandparents died almost 4 years ago. They were 97 and 93, they were married 73 1/2 years and when he died first, 3 weeks later, she died, that was the longest they had ever been apart. We found love letters they wrote to eachother when geting there things out of the house. not even being apart from eachother, just while one was at home and one was at work. it was the sweetest thing to read them. it was really hard on me and really taught me a lot about life. He died within a few weeks of my daughter being born and so I went down for his funeral and was able to get a picture of 5 generations while my great grandmother was still alive. my daughter, myself, my mom, my grandmother and then my great grandmother. That is in my hope chest. she died a few weeks later so i am glad i was able to get that memory. I want to be like them and be married 73 1/2 years and live a happy life. I think that is awesome.