View Single Post
Old 06-05-2004, 12:24 AM   #1
douglas623
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Anyone Else See the "SIGNS"--long thread

"We were just going different directions, he had a lot going on his life personally and professionally and we just wanted to play music. After taking a break it was apparent that Scott wanted to make a studio record but not tour as much and we wanted to tour and get back to work. When we got together to do the next record, it just wasn’t happening musically. There was no progress being made so we just decided to part ways. There’s no animosity there. We talked on the phone and wished each other good luck.''

"When Brian was with Creed there was always a groove he had that was perfect for us. Brett is an amazing singer / songwriter and we still love him, so that was tough, but Brian was so excited about playing bass that we had to have him back. Brian hadn’t played with us in 4 years and when we jammed with him he was so reinvigorated and that inspired us. When Brian left Creed, we really missed him; he had always been a good friend.''

"Brian:
I took some time to get my head straight. Leaving was a low point for me. It had gotten to a point where Stapp and my personal differences created a situation where we just couldn’t be on the same stage anymore. It got to a point where it was unhealthy for the band and for me and I was unceremoniously dismissed. Following that, there was a point where I didn’t want to do music at all. After some time I built a studio, started another band, and started some producing. Then I got the call from Mark and I was just so excited to hear from him. We got together and jammed and just hearing him play again was amazing. I’m so glad to be back, it’s like a rebirth.''

"The main objective is to just have fun this time. "

"Mark:
In this band, everyone is open to anything. There’s no writing behind closed doors. Everyone in the band has contributed to this album, no one was bossy, and in the end the songs became so much better because of it."

I apoligize to the S.S. fans, but I have always wondered about the "behind closed doors" Creed. I will always have a great love for Creed, but I think that Flip, Tremonti, and Brian will do well/be happier in a more relaxing environment.

Best Wishes to AlterBridge...I can't wait!!!!