View Single Post
Old 04-21-2004, 12:28 AM   #51
Echelon122
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2)
I post what I post at VH1 because that's the only place where the "die-hards" don't jump down my throat for having a differing opinion. I have no conspiracy theory...I'm just simply tired of hearing all the tidbits of information and rumors that have been going on forever. Like I said...when there is something to listen to...I will...and make my decision then. I'm voicing my opinion here, just like you do. I think my reply was in line with the original subject of this thread...sorry if you don't like it.

Vh1 still has a board for Creed?? LOL I seriously stopped posting there after promo posting for OLB back in 2002 cause there were just some freaky people there...NOT saying you're one of them, but there were plenty there.

I still maintain there's nothing wrong with not being excited. If everyone were, shit, I'd be scared. LOL.

Quote: Like I said...when there is something to listen to...I will...and make my decision then.

And that's the way to look at it!! I'm doing that with both bands. While I'm more excited for TNB, I'm going to give STapp's effort a fair shot at being something I'll like. Till then, it's the excitement of things....and I think there's more excitement going on about TNB, simply cause there is news that things are happening.
No offense to Stapp's effort...but hearing "He has a demo he presented to WU and it's pretty good"....yeah, it's news, it's cool to hear...but for me that doesn't get me excited.

Quote: Ya know if Tremonti and Phillips were pushed aside in interviews, and didn't like it...they have certainly kept very hush hush about this project....you would think they would be out their talking about their "labor of love".

I think that was what was taken exception to, and I'd have to agree with Michael in his post about it. You can't blab everything about a new project from the get go. Well you can, but it'll bite you in the ass. But there's also legally a LOT of stuff that can't be told till things are finalized, and that's just the nature of the music business. Had Myles said no or decided not to be a part of the band, then saying he was the singer months ago would have been pre-mature. Had Brian decided to stick soley with Head Heavy, then saying they were working with him again for a new band would have been shooting themselves in the foot. Granted, those thigns could have happened...but it would have made MArk and Flip look foolish (and unprofessional) to do that. So waiting till everything is lined up is a veteran move.

I'm sure that when the ducks are in a row, there will be promotion up the wazoo. But till there's actually a name to promote, doing promotion would be kinda jumping the gun. But the word of mouth among net-fans is definatly creating some of a buzz. But the non-net fans probably aren't up on much of what's going on.

Addressing that....I'm willing to bet most "non net" Creed fans are vaguely aware of an "extended break...breakup", and even less about what the guys are doing. While net fans are VERY vocal, they're a small fraction of the Creed fan base. But they're also the fans that band members have "easier access to" as far as "in touch" goes. It's easy to post information on a BB. It gets the word out, info goes from board to board. You think that all Creed fans must know what's going on, cause if you read boards, then every Creed fan does...and that's not the case. Net-Fans are, while small fish in a BIG ass pond...sometimes some of the LOUDEST fish when they want to be.

extreme_LITHIUM...dude were you on Creednet...that SN looks VERY familiar.

I might be a newbie here, but I've been
around a long time.