Thread: Jeremiah
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 07:37 PM   #8
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Jeremiah

7:21
Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Put your burnt offerings unto your sacrifices, and eat flesh.

God is basically saying keep your sacrifices and even today your mixing of religions to yourself, because He doesn't want anything to do with them. I'm not trying to make anyone feel guilty because we pretty much all grew up coloring or rolling Easter eggs, getting Easter baskets, etc. The fault is not yours for being brought up in man's traditions. But God does expect people at some point to actually study His Word for themselves so they can determine what fits and lines up, and what is tradition and should be done away with, at least on a personal level.
7:22
For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices:

It is true that when they were first brought out of the land of Egypt that there was no law or statute concerning sacrifices. But the larger point is in the next verse.
7:23
But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.

That's the point. The idea was never to out of feeling of ritual or obligation to make burnt offerings to God. The point was, is, and always will be in this verse. Hosea 6:6 stipulates that God wants our love, not our burnt offerings. Have you told Him you love Him lately?
7:24
But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear, but walked in the counsels and in the imagination of their evil heart, and went backward, and not forward.

Back into their spiritual adultery and idolatry. How easy it is for some to fall back on old habits whether than simply listening to the creator of their very soul.
7:25
Since the day that your fathers came forth out of the land of Egypt unto this day I have even sent unto you all my servants the prophets, daily rising up early and sending them:

God is saying, it's not for lack of effort or warnings and communication on My part. Even today we have God's letter to us. Have you read it?
7:26
Yet they hearkened not unto me, nor inclined their ear, but hardened their neck: they did worse than their fathers.

So it continues today. It seems the more distractions we have, the more "religion and spirituality" and the more we think we know, the less time we have to hearken to or listen to God and read His letter. The world is worse off for it.

Jeremiah 7:27 "Therefore thou shalt speak all these words unto them; but they will not hearken to thee: thou shalt also call unto them; but they will not answer thee."

If people don't want to listen to what God has to say and if they don't want to read His word then they're just not going to. That's been the case since before Jeremiah's day and is the case still today. Still, those who are truly called and chosen as Jeremiah was will speak the Word.Those who are chosen "elect" of God have compassion and a need to get the real truth out. For though some do not listen, there are many who do. Even some of those who would not listen when it was first delivered, perhaps down the road at some point in their life they will. God determines if and when a planted seed will truly grow.

Jeremiah 7:28 "But thou shalt say unto them, This is a nation that obeyeth not the voice of the LORD their God, nor receiveth correction: truth is perished, and is cut off from their mouth."

Jeremiah 7:29 "Cut off thine hair, O Jerusalem, and cast it away, and take up a lamentation on high places; for the LORD hath rejected and forsaken the generation of his wrath."

The generation of His wrath is that last generation that is present when Antichrist is here, for that is the time in which God's wrath will be poured out. That time is not here but it is coming pretty rapidly. But again you need to know that His wrath isn't spilled out on all people. Only His enemies get the wrath. You who are in Christ and you who have God's seal, that is to say His truth in your mind at that time will not be harmed. Satan is given strict orders not to touch those who have that truth in Revelation 9:4. Only those who do not have that seal can be harmed, and even then it's spiritual. How do you avoid being rejected and forsaken? Study His Word and know that the first one showing up claiming to be Christ is nothing but an abomination in Satan himself.

Jeremiah 7:30 "For the children of Judah have done evil in my sight, saith the LORD: they have set their abominations in the house which is called by my name, to pollute it."

Have you read of the 7 churches in Revelation in Chapters 2 and 3? Out of 7 churches God only found 2 that He could find no fault in. Those churches were Smyrna and Philadelphia. The names are not important. It's the doctrine that's important. Both of those churches knew about the ones claiming to be Jews but were of the synagogue of Satan. They stood up and stood on the Word of God and didn't waiver or compromise. They didn't teach tradition and they kept their houses clean. How many churches today teach about these ones claiming to be Jews but are of the synagogue of Satan? When's the last time your pastor mentioned them? I'll bet it's been a while if it's ever happened. But it's in the Word, so what's the problem?

Jeremiah 7:31 "And they have built the high places of Tophet, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my heart."

Tophet in the Hebrew means a place of heat or cremation, Strong's Hebrew word 8613. At this time some of these people of Judah had fallen so far as to burn their own children as a sacrifice. That certainly never came from God. Is there any wonder why He would be angry?

Jeremiah 7:32 "Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that it shall no more be called Tophet, nor the valley of the son of Hinnom, but the valley of slaughter: for they shall bury in Tophet, till there be no place."

This is looking forward, as we will see and reference in the next verse, to the time at the very end when Jesus Christ returns and in a twinkling of an eye all flesh is changed. Jesus is going to come back and set things right where there will be no more abominations in His house, there will be no twisting things pervertedly in the name of religion. There will be 1,000 years of peace before Satan is released for a short season and then unfortunately deceive many people. But then after that comes Satan's defeat, the Judgment, and at that point anyone who would offend is simply done away with, never to be thought of or remembered again.

Jeremiah 7:33 "And the carcases of this people shall be meat for the fowls of the heaven, and for the beasts of the earth; and none shall fray them away."

Christ again makes reference to this time in the book of Matthew. We'll go there quickly.

Matthew 24:27-29 "For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.[27] For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.[28] Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:[29]

The eagles actually should be translated vultures. So now you get the idea of why they are there and what they are doing. There's nothing sinister or violent about it, they are simply doing what they were created to do, which is cleanse the earth of dead and decaying matter. Again all of this will of course center around Jerusalem. God is going to cleanse that great city, and afterward it will be the center of His eternal kingdom.

Jeremiah 7:34 "Then will I cause to cease from the cities of Judah, and from the streets of Jerusalem, the voice of mirth, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride: for the land shall be desolate."

Antichrist is referred to of course in Daniel as the abomination that maketh desolate (Daniel 11:31). Satan fell once and drew one third of God's own children with him. Jeremiah Chapter 4 actually refers to this time, taking us back to Genesis 1:1. God did not create the world void and without form. Satan's rebellion caused it to become that way and become desolate. He's going to do it again, but it's going to be in a spiritual sense. At this point there will be no more true joy and no peace, though they will cry peace peace, but there will be no peace. (Jer 6:14) The bridegroom is Christ and the bride is the body. There will be no more calls to come to Christ and be saved in the sense there is today, because at that point in time you either know the truth and will stay true to Him or you will be deceived and bow to Antichrist. You're sealed in your mind either with the seal of God, or with the mark of the beast. Don't be sealed with the later. It truly will be shameful for those who really do love Christ to worship a fake. That is disgrace. So, get in His word, stay in His word, don't rely on tradition, and don't listen to man, including me, without checking things out in the only source that counts, God's Word.

God bless,

Jason