View Single Post
Old 08-17-2003, 10:43 PM   #153
Julbright
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
Man, it's an endless battle sometimes, isn't it? Don't worry Julbright, I'm sure you'll get back in the swing of things soon enough. You are right about deprivation. It never works, at least not for me. Balance in all things...

Today, I got into a pair of shorts I hadn't worn in four years. I was one happy girl .

Congratulations! That is such a great feeling I am sure!

It is an endless battle and I think I just need to remember that I am never really going to have a normal relationship with food. I use it for all the wrong reasons - when I am happy, sad, angry, lonely, bored, or otherwise emoting - instead of to provide fuel and nutrition to my body - so in that way the struggle will always be endless. At least I am not mindlessly eating everything these days - usually I can just put it away without thinking about it but all of vacation I thought while I was eating junk that I was eating junk, it made me feel bad, and I didn't really enjoy it that much. Got to start restructuring the thoughts -
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie