View Single Post
Old 11-16-2004, 02:13 AM   #1
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Alter Bridge on "www.thefacebook.com" (This is cool!)

There is this new college network site that allows kids from about 100 different colleges to connect with their friends and their friends' friends and so on. Each person makes a rather large profile and can join certain groups within their school. I joined and started listing my friends and went to join some groups. I attend Purdue (about 40,000 kids). I checked to see if there were groups for more popular rock bands and there weren't. I wasn't surprised as this program is rather new (about 2 months).

I doubted there would be an Alter Bridge group as I haven't met anyone here who likes them. To my surprise, there was a group of more than 20 people called "Alter Bridge Rocks" and many more people listing AB as one of their favorite bands who weren't even in the group. How cool! Then I contacted a friend at a different college (he was a few years ahead of me) who I hadn't talked to in a while and he had AB listed as one of his favorite bands (and he never liked Creed). I was very pleasantly surprised to see all this. I always felt alone in my age group as AB/Creed fans. Way cool!

Last edited by Hellboy : 11-16-2004 at 02:23 AM.